Before you can show a profit on the books, you need control of your stores. Control of your store translates into more inventory turns, reduced shrinkage, and increased profits. Here are 10 top features your POS should have to gain total command of your wireless retail store, from the back office to the showroom floor.
- Integrated carrier sales portals: Integrating sales portals eliminates the need for double data entry, reducing the time it takes to process an activation and increasing accuracy and efficiency — all of which frees up more time for reps to serve customers.
- Seamless integration with payment gateways: POS systems with smooth and fast access to payment gateways enable unified and efficient transactions, making for fewer logjams at the cash wrap and happier customers leaving the store.
- Accurate commission reconciliation: Along with precise and user-friendly reporting, managers need the ability to track and reconcile carrier commissions.
- Comprehensive inventory management: Whether a single store, or hundreds of stores, the POS should allow you to effortlessly manage inventory, bins, aging, returns, etc. across the entire company for all serialized and non-serialized products.
- Automated business intelligence and mobile reporting: Utilizing real-time reports that can be accessed and read on any device, managers can quickly take the pulse of the entire business from anywhere with an internet connection. Schedule reports to be delivered to whomever you want, whenever you want. For example, schedule a month-end sales tax report for your accountant after close of business the last day of the month.
- Renewal, port-in, add-a-line, and upgrade tallies: Be sure you’re tracking toward carrier sales goals with detailed reports on demand that show you where you stand with every line of business.
- Employee reports: Employee commissions, regular hours, overtime, vacation time, sick days, staffing levels, forward-looking schedules—the more you know without having to wait until the end of the day, week, or month, the better you can manage your sales force and payroll—not to mention serving your customers better
- Generate Barcodes: For generic, loose items you buy in bulk, generate a barcode based on the customized UPC you choose. Sit back and watch your shrinkage shrink.
- Rebate and promotions tracking: Understanding the rate of rebate redemptions and effectiveness of promotions is important. A POS system with real time reports can give you an instant snapshot of both, so you can fine tune offers, increasing sales.
- Customized marketing tools: Use built-in marketing tools that can access shopper data and generate targeted campaigns and promotions that can reach customers instantly via email or SMS.
If all those features packed into one platform sounds like a dream POS system, you might be right. But it’s a dream thousands of wireless retailers and master dealers around the world are living—and using, right now, maintaining control over their stores and saving time, effort, and money.
There’s one more very important feature you should consider: a single retail platform that pulls all the essential POS features together into one unified system. With a single system that integrates every aspect of POS, you can start to see where the real savings of time, effort, and money exist. It’s where you start to see and experience real control.
B2B Soft’s mission has always been to create tools that empower wireless retail managers to grow their businesses through total control at POS. Give us a call today or check out our free, live demo. Learn more about how you can bring all the right features together in your store’s POS so you can get control of your business, and keep it.